This is an exciting opportunity for a Senior Commercial Solicitor to join a highly regarded firm in Reading.
For over 100 years the firm has built its practice to respond to the demands of their clients. This approach has led them to offering a broad range of City-quality legal support across their offices in London and Berkshire.
They have extensive expertise across all commercial law disciplines. These include all aspects of employment law, immigration law, commercial law, corporate law, intellectual property, litigation and dispute resolution, environmental law, construction law and property law.
The firm are now seeking a Senior Commercial Lawyer to join the team in Reading. You will provide user-friendly, up-to-date, to-the-point legal advice and guidance to clients and to promote the services and reputation of the firm through undertaking a range of marketing activities. The Role is based in Reading, but with a need to support colleagues in, and where necessary, work from the London office.
The role will involve:
- Advise clients on a range of commercial issues, including contract drafting and negotiation of high value and complex contracts, procurement contracts, agency and distribution agreements, IT contracts, outsourcing agreements, general terms and conditions (B2B and B2C), data protection, intellectual property and commercial due diligence.
- Would be an advantage to have experience of tenders and supply chain.
- Maintain and develop existing and new clients through planned relationship management and marketing events, articles, seminars etc.
- Manage and maintain effective records of all work undertaken, including time spent, and adhere to the firm’s policy on billing, file procedures and case management.
- Participate in presentations internally and externally and active attendance of networking events/relevant industry bodies.
- Liaise and attend meetings with the team and firm necessary to perform duties and aid individual and organisational development.
- Develop ideas and create uses for know-how and innovation.
- Undertake personal and professional development and support the promotion of the team and firm generally.
The successful candidate must have:
- Must hold a current Practising Certificate.
- IT literate – adept in the use of Word/Outlook/Partner4Windows or similar document management system
- Consistently good academics – A/Bs in A’levels; 2:1 degree or above or equivalents
Subject to level of PQE, candidates will have had good training/experience of advising on a range of commercial matters and an ability/aptitude to deal with clients direct, Ability/willingness to take part in marketing/networking etc. also an important feature.
You must have:
- A professional approach
- Relevant experience that allows working on matters without supervision
- Strong drafting and analytical skills with attention to detail
- Fluent both orally and in writing
- A “people person” – keen to develop client relationships
- Commercial approach – focus on solutions, not list of legal problems
- Proactive management of work and relationships
- Keen to take an active role in the workgroup and the firm
- Flexible, committed and team minded
- Able to demonstrate strong marketing and business development skills
- Aptitude for developing and presenting training seminars and workshops
Please don't hesitate to contact Paul Burgin on 0203 355 2262 or Paul@hunterslegal.com