A leading law firm in Buckinghamshire currently has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Employment Solicitor to join their team.
Our client is a well-established law firm recognised throughout the Chilterns, Home Counties, and Thames Valley as a leading provider of high-quality legal services. They work with a broad range of both corporate and private clients across their seven offices.
The employment team features in the top tier of legal directories because they provide clearly considered and strategic advice. They are skilled in all areas of advisory work, dispute resolution, and litigation in both employment tribunals and the high court.
The firm now requires an experienced Employment Lawyer to work within their team in Buckinghamshire – preferably with contacts, but it is not a pre-requisite.
The successful candidate will have 10 - 12 years PQE with a strong knowledge of advising employers and highly skilled at managing a high workload. You must have experience with handling fast-paced and highly demanding medium to large corporate clients essential, counseling plus non contentious experience essential. Technical expertise and knowledge including TUPE, restructures, employee relations, changing terms and conditions, IR35, etc.
The candidate must:
- Be able to work closely with the Head of Department, handle both their own caseload and have exposure to Partner’s cases from time to time.
- Have the ability to negotiate.
- In their personal fee earning work, billings in accordance with set targets, other than where exceptional circumstances apply.
- Perform fee earning work accurately, reliably, and in accordance with the firm’s quality and risk management procedures.
- Flexibility, dealing with a number of matters at any given time.
- Attention to detail and strong written skills.
- Ensure proper control of work in progress, billing, and cash collection. Proficient at fee recording and administration.
- Be effective in developing new work from existing clients and seek new clients for themselves and others. Will develop and support marketing initiatives.
- Maintain and nurture an appropriate network of contacts and referrers and endeavor to promote the firm in their professional and personal lives.
- Maintain IT skills appropriate to modern legal practice.
- Lawyer Competency Framework
Please do not hesitate to contact Paul Burgin on 0203 355 2262 or Paul@hunterslegal.com