An exciting Buckinghamshire opportunity for an Insolvency Specialist Solicitor to join the firms gorwing Dispute Resolution team.
Our client is a consistently successful law firm dedicated to delivering robust legal solutions for both commercial and private clients though all stages of their business or personal life. The firm operates in Buckinghamshire and London.
The firm is recognised as a regional heavyweight, many of their services are tier one and lots of their lawyers are recognised as either leaders in their field or next generation lawyers.
The firm’s sizable, and growing, litigation team includes several experts in their respective fields and qualified mediators. Its continuing growth and diversity ensure that the team’s solid track record of winning cases before courts of all levels is maintained. The team offers rapid, clear and practical advice on all commercial contract disputes, construction, partnership and shareholder disputes, IP and IT disputes, factoring and trade finance, fraud and insolvency to large and successful businesses across the UK.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Insolvency specialist to join the growing Dispute Resolution team. The successful candidate should be ambitious, dynamic and have the ability to handle a varied caseload in a fast paced working environment. This is a new offering for the firm so the candidate will need to be able to bring some of own case-load and also make use of the firm’s contacts.
Main areas of responsibility may include some or all of the following:
- Restructuring of solvent / insolvent companies
- Pre-formal insolvency advice and planning
- Advice on directors’ duties and liabilities in relation to distressed or insolvent companies
- Formal insolvencies, including administrations, liquidations and bankruptcies
- Security reviews on existing or proposed loans
- Strategic acquisitions of insolvent businesses and assets from insolvency practitioners
- Advising on distressed situations such as difficult trading conditions (include directors' advice), winding-up orders and confiscating property or assets;
- Formulating effective exit strategies for owners and investors; preparing securities documentation; undertaking fraud investigations and pursuing and/or defending actions against directors;
- Handling complex and challenging Pension Regulation when insolvency looms; Members of our Insolvency & Restructuring team have also worked in-house at the Pensions Regulator.
- Litigation and recovery actions
- Asset tracing
- Directors’ disqualification proceedings
- LPA Receiverships, and
- Cross-border insolvency and COMI issues
Membership of the Insolvency Practitioners Association is preferred but not essential.
You will receive a competitive salary depending on your experience as well as an attractive benefits package.
Please don't hesitate to contact Paul Burgin on 0203 355 2262 or Paul@hunterslegal.com