This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic and reliable Real Estate Solicitor to work within a forward thinking, award winning law firm in Sussex!
Our client is an award winning and expanding legal 100 firm with a headcount of 258, which provides integrated legal services from our offices in London, Gatwick, Guildford, Horsham and Brighton.
The property department includes one of the largest in-house planning teams in the country (including both lawyers and chartered planners), a property dispute resolution practice, a construction team as well as a very substantial transactional capability.
The team comprises 30 real estate partners and consultants across our four sites in London, Surrey and Sussex who are supported by over 60 property professionals and support lawyers. Property comprises almost half of their turnover and growing.
Their property solicitors support clients in sectors as diverse as housebuilding and construction, investment, utilities, retail and the public sector.
The firm is now looking for a Solicitor with a minimum of 3 years PQE to undertake a wide variety of general commercial and residential property matters. The successful candidate will operate as an effective member of the Sussex Real Estate Group specialising in various elements of non-contentious commercial and residential property including:
- lettings, licences and other related landlord and tenant transactional work (acting for both landlords and tenants)
- commercial property - purchases and disposals
- residential and commercial development work (including the negotiation of options and infrastructure agreements, the preparation of legal packs and the handling of affordable housing and plot sales) - supporting senior members of the team on large scale development sites
- providing property input into corporate transactions and general property support to the corporate department
- real estate finance – advising on the financing/re-financing of all types of commercial property
The successful candidate will have a good working knowledge of contentious commercial property work (1954 Act contracting out and renewal process, break notice considerations, section 5 pre-emption rights and statutory controls affecting residential service charges) to be able to provide initial advice and guidance to clients. You will be responsible under supervision for own caseload of work and own fee targets and achieve the targets as defined by the Group Head/Head of Department.
The key criteria for the ideal candidate will include:
- Previous commercial and residential property experience
- Knowledge of property legislation, including landlord and tenant and relevant case law.
- Able to effectively manage their time to achieve client and internal deadlines.
- Understanding the importance of client care with an ability to deal with a wide range of clients with differing objectives including being able to understand the commercial objectives of the client.
Please don't hesitate to contact Paul Burgin on 0203 355 2262 or Paul@hunterslegal.com