An exciting opportunity for a Commercial Dispute Resolution Solicitor to join a well-regarded team in London and handle a caseload of complex and varied litigation matters.
Our client is a London-based, full-service law firm, who grown substantially in recent years, including two mergers and an office move.
The firm has grown quickly, both in terms of revenue and profitability, and is an ambitious firm looking to exploit the potential that these mergers have brought.
The Commercial Dispute Resolution team serves a wide range of innovative and entrepreneurial clients, from individuals through to multinationals. The team's experience covers all forms of commercial dispute resolution including litigation (both domestic and overseas), appellant work, arbitration, and mediation. We work across a wide range of sectors and deploy a bespoke strategy based on our clients' specific commercial objectives and budgets.
The team is the largest in the Dispute Resolution department and enjoys a collegiate feel.
In addition to media and human rights work, the CDR team's workstreams focus on arbitration, civil fraud, and contentious insolvency. They work closely with other teams across the firm to help clients who may find themselves involved in disputes.
The media and human rights work covers a broad spectrum and is often headline-making, with clients including global media organisations, publishing houses, NGOs and charities, individuals, and corporates.
They regularly deal with high-profile and complex disputes meaning that we act quickly, assertively, and effectively for clients, providing creative solutions to challenging problems. Often delivering a successful outcome involves a multi-disciplinary approach, using a wider group of experts. They have an established network of other trusted and tested service providers, including counsel, accountants, data analysts, investigators, and foreign legal teams.
Chambers & Partners 2021 and Legal 500 2021:
- Art & Cultural Property Law
- Civil liberties & Human Rights
- Media & Entertainment
- Defamation & Reputation Management
They are seeking a Senior Associate to join their bustling Commercial Dispute Resolution team. The ideal candidate will have excellent general litigation experience with a keen interest in at least one of the following distinct areas:
- Media law, including defamation, freedom of expression, privacy, and contentious IP;
- Human rights, including business and human rights (the Ruggie Principles) and ESG;
- Contentious data protection; and
- Contentious art and cultural property.
- The ability to manage complex, often fast-moving, client matters, identifying and analysing all legal and commercial issues;
- Working alongside Partners and lawyers at all levels in the team to ensure the delivery of commercially focused work, completed to high quality and consistent standards;
- Developing and maintaining client relationships as well as identifying new business opportunities;
- Contributing to the team's business development and marketing activities, including through thought leadership; and
- Overseeing the work of more junior members of the team, developing and mentoring them.
Ideally, you will be able to demonstrate:
- Strong technical experience in complex and varied litigation, preferably with proven experience of contentious media, data protection, or human rights matters;
- Ability to quickly and effectively gain an understanding of clients' needs and how best to meet them;
- Excellent understanding of litigation procedure;
- Confident and effective advocacy/communication style;
- Experience and confidence to supervise and mentor less-experienced members of the team;
- Ability to work collaboratively with others to provide a quality service to both internal and external clients;
- Strong intellectual and analytical abilities with a keen eye for detail and accuracy;
- Good organisational skills, record keeping, and file management;
- Flexibility in approach; and
- Ability to work under pressure.
Please do not hesitate to contact Paul Burgin on 0203 355 2262 or email Paul@hunterslegal.com