A top 35 UK law firm is seeking a Commercial Solicitor to join their team in London and focus on digital services and brand work.
Our client is headquartered in London with offices across the UK, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. Their international connections mean they can work with you anywhere in the world.
Their highly ranked Commercial team has notable expertise in the sport, retail, and TMT sectors, acting for a client base that encompasses start-ups and major corporates; key examples include Nike, Caffe Nero, and Wagamama.
Forming an integral part of the commercial team, the Associate role will focus on the digital services and brand's work. This role will work closely with the other members of the Corporate/Commercial Division and sector specialists in the wider firm to meet its existing work requirements and execute the business development strategy in the Technology, Digital, and Brands sectors. Strong IP skills and sector experience are highly desirable.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Manage your own workload cost-effectively and provide transactional and advisory legal advice to clients in a succinct, practical, and persuasive manner
- Work with, and assist in the development of more junior members of the team
- Apply a commercial approach to the delivery of advice suitable to the requirements of each client
- Support Partners and assist with the Firm’s Consumer Brands, Food and Beverage or Digital & Consumer Content campaigns in client marketing and business development activities to develop the department’s client base and network of intermediaries and contacts
- Assist with a limited amount of corporate support on IT and data-heavy technology deals
- Contribute to divisional knowledge and know-how
- Be a qualified solicitor or equivalent with 3-4 PQE with a strong ambition to progress to Senior Associate
- Have strong commercial law experience and in addition good non-contentious IP and digital skills
- It is expected that the candidate will have undertaken an in-house secondment or have in the house or strong relevant industry sector experience
- Have proven track record in business development and marketing with an emerging profile in a TMT/digital sector or sectors
- Be confident to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Be confident in both verbal and written communication with a diverse range of clients
- Must be a good fit with the firm’s culture and the existing team
- Have a flexible approach and willing to go the extra mile
- Strong technical knowledge of commercial and technology contracting, ideally with well-known global brands and digital services businesses
- Working knowledge of data protection law and emerging issues in AI and digital trends is desirable
- Experience working in a leading Commercial, IP, or sector focussed group in a market-leading firm
- Clarity of thought and good communication skills
- Good drafting skills and clear expression appropriate to the client types you will work with
- A highly collaborative approach, and effective liaison with colleagues, other practice groups, and other law firms and advisers.
Please do not hesitate to contact Paul Burgin on 0203 355 2262 or Paul@hunterslegal.com