We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Corporate and Commercial Solicitor to join a fast-growing, full-service commercial firm headquartered in London.
Our client is an exciting, diverse, and growing business. Joining their team will see you work with some of the UK’s most interesting clients.
In the last year alone, they have:
- Worked on corporate transactions valued at over £3 billion
- Advised our developer and social housing clients on over £1.6 billion of residential sales and over £1 billion of refinancings
- Advised on HS2 which will see the development of over 330 miles of railway network with an expected £59 billion benefit to the wider economy
- As if that wasn’t enough, we are also involved in the transformation of Battersea Power Station and act for the majority of London’s major Housing Associations who together own assets of over £17.3 billion.
There are 8 people in the Commercial and Corporate Department which includes 3 partners, 2 Solicitors, 2 trainee solicitors, and 1 support staff.
Client base and type of work:
- Large scale housing development, regeneration, and finance joint ventures for clients such as Barratt, L&Q, Mount Anvil, A2 Dominion, Redrow and Clarion typically in the hundreds of £millions
- Corporate acquisitions and disposals for small to mid-range transactions (£5million to £100million), many of which are real estate related
- Acquisition of assets for large institutional asset managers including ground rent funds, BTR, hotels, and shared ownership (in excess of £2.5 billion of acquisition in the past two years) including all aspects of funding, structuring asset acquisition, tax, management, and exit including Aviva Investors and M&G Investment Management Limited
- Advising family offices on the investment structuring, regulation, off-shore, company secretarial, and commercial transactions – we act for the family office of one of the UK’s wealthiest individuals
- FCA and PRA regulation and advice including UK regulatory obligations, Brexit, ongoing structure, remuneration, and M&A including Imperial Capital, Salix, and First Green Capital
- More generally, corporate and commercial advice and documentation for a range of corporate clients including family offices, institutional investors, private equity, housing developers, renewables businesses, and registered social landlords
They are looking for a corporate solicitor who has a sound understanding of company, regulatory, and contract law principles with the ability to navigate a complex regulatory environment and efficiently distil and provide legal advice in a clear and effective manner.
Requirements for the role
- The enthusiasm and drive to engage in and manage large complex transactions often with clients who are not necessarily corporate-focused
- A sound understanding of company, regulatory, and contract law principles with the ability to navigate a complex regulatory environment and efficiently distill and provide legal advice in a clear and effective manner
- To be confident and articulate with exemplary communication skills with clients, internal clients, contemporaries, and support staff alike
- A common-sense approach and self-motivation to prioritise tasks in a busy practice with competing pressures on large scale transactions over an extended timetable
You will work closely with the Tax Department and deploy your corporate skills in ensuring transactions fulfill their commercial and tax structuring imperatives.
Your experience will give you the opportunity to develop expert status in niche areas through exposure to the wider range of sectors serviced by the team which also include public law, mainstream corporate transactions, asset management, and wealth management.
Please do not hesitate to contact Paul Burgin on 0203 355 2262 or Paul@hunterslegal.com