This highly regarded London-based law firm wishes to recruit a Dispute Solicitor to join their team and handle a broad range of litigation work with an emphasis on commercial litigation.
Our client is a 35 partner firm of solicitors based in offices in London. In total, the firm comprises about 190 staff. The firm provides specialist legal services to private and commercial clients.
They are best known for their family, litigation, and private client work and are widely regarded as one of the very best of the small number of firms in the UK that provide these specialist services at the highest level.
The firm also has an excellent reputation in many other areas of law (rated in both Chambers and Legal 500).
The team comprises 10 Partners, 5 Senior Associate and 6 Associates, 1 Trainee, and 1 Paralegal who offer a full range of litigation services including complex and high-value commercial disputes, media/reputation management, contentious trust, and probate matters, intellectual property issues, property, and public law.
The firm wishes to recruit a 3-4yr PQE Solicitor to join the Dispute Resolution Department. The successful candidate must have a broad range of litigation experience, with an emphasis on commercial litigation. Experience of contentious trust experience will also be sought.
You will have a broad experience of contentious disputes across all areas of business, working for both private and commercial clients. You will have experience of both contractual and tortious claims. You will also have dealt with a range of matters including challenges to Wills and disputes relating to inheritance (including claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975).
The successful candidate will have 3-4 years’ PQE, strong academics, and high-quality training and experience. You will be ambitious, technically strong, hardworking, and a good team player. You must also be confident and sociable as well as discreet when dealing directly with clients.
- Flexibility - you are able to respond to new challenges and get up to speed very quickly with new factual scenarios. The great thing about this role is its breadth, you are never bored.
- Strong Research Ability - able to identify and advise on the legal position in the first instance, able to analyse complex legal and factual scenarios.
- Experience of preparing first drafts of substantive documents, such as Letters Before Action, Witness Statements, Precedent Hs, etc.
- Experience of court procedure, particularly in the Chancery division.
- Experience of drafting letters and emails to both the client and the other side.
- The role will include taking an active part in marketing and business development.
Please do not hesitate to contact Paul Burgin on 0203 355 2262 or Paul@hunterslegal.com