A fantastic opportunity for an experienced Employment Paralegal to join a highly regarded firm in London and be involved in a variety of interesting work.
The firm has been based in the City of London for more than 150 years. From their offices in London, Yorkshire and Essex they provide legal services throughout England and Wales. They act for a broad range of clients, including private and public companies, developers, local authorities, funders and regulators but in particular they act for a significant number of charities and housing associations.
They are a “full service” firm with specialists in Banking, Commercial/Corporate, Litigation, Housing, Employment, Projects & Property.
As part of the Employment team, you will be involved in a variety of different tasks and all areas of their practice, with a particular focus on contentious work. They are looking for someone with prior contentious experience in an Employment department who will be able to join their busy team and be an immediate benefit.
In return, you will get in-depth involvement in Employment Tribunal cases and the opportunity to assist in other areas of employment law too.
You will be expected to provide support to all solicitors and partners in the employment team on a regular basis. Externally, you will be in contact with Barristers as well as Clients.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supporting team members with the conduct of Employment Tribunal claims
- Putting together Settlement Agreements and COT3s
- Researching different aspects of law
- Any other reasonable duties as requested
Attributes and Skills Required:
- Prior contentious paralegal experience in an Employment team
- Minimum 2:1 degree or equivalent in Law (or appropriate conversion)
- Successful completion of the LPC
- Good drafting skills
- Excellent administration skills, organisation and attention to detail
- Ability to conduct effective legal research
- Competent in all MS Office applications, to include Word, Excel and Outlook
- Good written and oral communication skills at all levels with the ability to communicate in “plain English”
- Must be client focussed and have an approachable manner
- Have a methodical approach, with good attention to detail
- Possess a strong customer service ethic
- Good time management skills, ability to multi-task, able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines, able to prioritise a heavy workload
- Be a supportive team player and willing to assist others
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, tenacious and approachable
- Be calm and professional at all times
- Be punctual and flexible - if you have capacity, will be required to help other team members and/or other departments.
- Knowledge of DMS (Document Management System)
- Knowledge of Partners for Windows (time recording systems)
Please don't hesitate to contact Paul Burgin on 0203 355 2262 or Paul@hunterslegal.com