A stand out opportunity for an Employment Solicitor to join a leading international firm in London and focus on supporting the team's financial and commercial sector clients.
They are a leading international legal business with over 2,500 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. They have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Ireland, Spain, France, Singapore, South America and the US.
The firm are a broad-based commercial firm with a strong heritage in insurance, health and real estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. They represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies.
The Employment and Pensions is over 90 strong with 17 Partners and a presence in London, Leeds, Manchester, Newcastle and Bristol.
The London Employment team comprises 29 fee earners, including 6 Partners, two of whom sit on the firm’s main board. The team has a strong and growing reputation in the London market and is recognised as Band 2 in Chambers UK 2020, and Tier 2 in the latest Legal 500.
This position will focus on supporting the team's financial and commercial sector clients, which includes five of the top ten investment banks and major multinational employers. The firm and the team genuinely value work/life balance and offers the opportunity to work on interesting, complex matters in a calm and collegiate environment. The role also offers real opportunity for advancement.
- Undertake a busy and varied workload of employment matters advising all types of employers, with an emphasis on our financial services sector clients
- Work on complex discrimination, whistle blowing and breach of contract litigation (Employment Tribunal and High Court) under appropriate supervision
- Assist on non-contentious projects including restructures (redundancy and TUPE) in the UK and across multiple jurisdictions
- General employment advisory work by telephone and email
- Take an active role in supervising the work of and assisting in the development of trainees and paralegals
- Take part in and initiate marketing, networking and other business development activities in order to maintain and develop work from existing clients and potential clients. This includes assisting with client seminars and delivering training
- Contribute to non fee-earning activity as appropriate e.g., knowledge sharing, internal training
The firm would expect the post holder to be a solicitor with proven post qualification experience within Employment. They welcome applications from candidates with relevant Employment experience at all levels.
You will ideally have experience of advising clients in the financial services sector and multi-national commercial clients. You must have experience of working on tribunal claims and other contentious matters, be an independent thinker with a focus on generating commercial solutions to problems on behalf of clients, a confident communicator with an ability to develop relationships with clients and influence at all levels and an enthusiastic team player with a flexible approach.
Please do not hesitate to contact Paul Burgin on 0203 355 2262 or Paul@hunterslegal.com