A fantastic opportunity for an Employment Solicitor to join a growing firm in London and work on a mixture of contentious and non-contentious matters.
Our client has been based in the City of London for more than 150 years. From their offices in London, Leeds and Colchester they provide legal services to clients throughout the UK. They are recognised by Legal 500 and Chambers UK as a medium-sized niche firm specialising in construction, commercial litigation, corporate, employment, projects, and property legal services to clients based throughout the United Kingdom.
Over the past few years, they have grown significantly and now have approximately 240 staff and a growing international reach.
Their Employment and Pensions team acts for over 200 registered providers of social housing and an increasing number of corporate clients across England and Wales, providing pragmatic commercial advice and guidance on all aspects of Employment & Pensions law.
They are looking to recruit a solicitor with 2-5 years PQE to join the team. Successful candidates will be able to manage their own caseload, comprising a mixture of contentious and non-contentious matters.
Main Duties and Responsibilities of the Role:
- This is not an exhaustive list and from time to time it may be necessary to vary these to meet
- the department and business needs.
- Responsible for the day to day running of a caseload;
- Advising on routine matters such as misconduct, sickness absence, grievances etc;
- TUPE advice and drafting;
- Conduct of Employment Tribunal litigation up to hearing stage, with some telephone advocacy if required;
- Preparation, negotiation and advising on Settlement Agreements (for employers and employees);
- Advising on industrial relations and strike action;
- Advising on restructures;
- Undertaking due diligence and supporting other departments on projects with a people aspect;
- Preparation and presentation of training to clients on Employment related topics;
- Supporting the Partners on large and more complex matters if required;
- Direct interaction with clients, managing their expectations and meeting their deadlines;
- Achieving time recording and billing targets
- Efficiently managing deadlines relating to a variety of cases at any one time;
- Full involvement in marketing and business development in a client focused manner.
The right candidate will display strong technical ability, commercial awareness, ability to organise and prioritise their workload effectively, excellent communications skills, and a flair for nurturing client relationships. The opportunity will be available to develop a specialism within the field to sit alongside their general practice.
Please do not hesitate to contact Paul Burgin on 0203 355 2262 or Paul@hunterslegal.com