A great opportunity for a Housing / Property Litigation Solicitor to join a well-respected law firm in London and manage their own caseload which will comprise a mixture of housing and leasehold management and property litigation.
Based in the City of London for over 150 years, our client is a leading practice providing high-quality services to domestic and international clients, including developers, local authorities, housing associations, and financial services firms.
The Housing Management & Property Litigation team act for over 100 Registered Providers (RPs), local authorities, and private landlords across England and Wales advising on all aspects of Housing Management and Property Litigation advice.
They are looking to recruit a solicitor to manage their own caseload which will comprise a mixture of housing and leasehold management and property litigation including injunctions, possession claims, disrepair, service charge disputes, cases before the FTT, and noncontentious matters such as policy advice and drafting tenancy agreements.
The successful candidate will display strong technical ability, leadership, and case management skills will enjoy working independently and be able to demonstrate a flair for nurturing client relationships along with enthusiasm, drive, and a commercial approach.
Main Duties and Responsibilities of the Role:
- Responsible for the day to day running of a caseload
- Supporting the partners on large and more complex matters as well as generating a caseload of your own
- Interact directly with clients, manage their expectations, and meet their deadlines
- Assist in the supervision of junior staff
- Efficiently manage a large number of deadlines relating to a variety of cases at any one time
- To be interested and involved in marketing and business development in a client-focused manner
- To prepare and present training to clients on law and housing management and/or property litigation related topics.
- Minimum 2 years PQE in the housing and/or leasehold management field
- Strong academic background with 2:1 at degree level (or equivalent)
- Admitted to practice as a Solicitor in England & Wales
- Knowledge of running own files and caseload
- IT literate to include Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet applications
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Ability to undertake caseloads with minimal supervision
- Ability to demonstrate commercial awareness and pro-activity
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to convey clear and concise information
- Highly focussed attention to detail
- Resilient and focussed
- Determination to achieve positive outcomes
Please do not hesitate to contact Paul Burgin on 0203 355 2262 or Paul@hunterslegal.com