An exciting role for a non-contentious Construction Solicitor to join a busy department in a highly regarded firm in London.
Our client has been based in the City of London for more than 150 years. From their offices in London, North West England, and Essex they provide legal services to clients throughout the UK.
They are recognised by Legal 500 and Chambers UK as a medium-sized niche firm specialising in construction, commercial litigation, corporate, employment, projects, and property legal services to clients based throughout the United Kingdom.
The firm’s main client base is Registered Providers, and the firm is ranked Tier 1 for its work in social housing. They also act for a number of private developers and investment funds. Over the past few years, they have grown significantly and now have approximately 240 staff and a growing international reach.
The Construction team is comprised of 19 (six partners, eleven solicitors, one paralegal, and one trainee solicitor) and is divided into two sub-teams (contentious and non-contentious).
Their clients include developers, major corporations, funders, contractors, sub-contractors, construction consultants, local authorities, registered providers of social housing, and PFI consortia.
Their work for Registered Providers involves them instructed on some of the largest construction developments in the social housing sector which are often in the spotlight of the national media.
This is an opportunity for an individual with a passion for construction law to join their busy construction department.
The firm is looking for an ambitious construction solicitor, who is prepared to work hard and go the extra mile, to hit the ground running and make their mark within a thriving construction department.
You will be three years PQE + with the majority of experience gained in non-contentious construction.
You will have detailed knowledge of the JCT suite of contracts, an understanding of construction management, management contracting, modular construction, joint venture partnerships, and alternative methods of procurement.
In addition, you will be self-motivated, be commercially aware, and have enthusiasm for business development and developing your own practice.
Attributes and Skills Required:
- You will have a minimum of three years’ PQE non-contentious construction experience
- You will have worked, since qualification, as a full-time construction solicitor in private
- You will have a strong academic background, ideally gaining a 2:1 at degree level and a
- postgraduate course in construction law will be advantageous
- You will have a thorough understanding of the Housing Grants, Construction & Regeneration
- Act 1996, the Scheme for Construction Contracts (England & Wales) Regulations 1998
- You will be proactive and prepared to work independently and intelligently exercise your own
- judgment with minimal supervision, and always adopting a can-do attitude
Please do not hesitate to contact Paul Burgin on 0203 355 2262 or Paul@hunterslegal.com