This role is a great opportunity for an NQ lawyer to join a rapidly growing Construction practice and to develop both non-contentious and contentious skills in London.
Our client is a London-based, full-service law firm, specialising in providing straightforward advice to entrepreneurial businesses and individuals on domestic and international matters.
They have grown substantially in recent years, including two mergers and an office move. They are one of the only London-based law firms with a large private wealth offering alongside significant business law capability.
Their Construction department works across a diverse portfolio ranging from major urban mixed-use developments, residential and commercial schemes, in sectors that span hotels, retail and leisure developments to energy, infrastructure, and transport projects.
The team covers non-contentious and contentious legal advice for construction clients, including developers, funders, contractors, and investors.
This role is a great opportunity for an NQ lawyer to join the firm's rapidly growing Construction practice and to develop both non-contentious and contentious skills. The Construction team is core to the firm's full-service Real Estate department, one of the largest in London.
The current balance of work in the team is c. 60% non-contentious, 40% contentious, almost exclusively UK-based and all building-related. The team works closely with the firm's largest clients, with a particular focus on developers, project funders and high net worth individuals in the private development sector.
Ideally, you will be able to demonstrate:
- At least one seat in Construction or Real Estate
- Knowledge of the Real Estate sector and specifically developers
- An interest in and passion for Construction law
- Experience of working in a fast-paced practice, at times working to challenging deadlines
- Good communication skills
- Confidence in building relationships with clients
- Thoroughness and attention to detail
- Confidence to manage internal stakeholders
- Willingness to participate in business development and profile-raising
Please do not hesitate to contact Paul Burgin on 0203 355 2262 or Paul@hunterslegal.com