A top-50 law firm in London is seeking a Private Client and Tax solicitor to join their highly renowned Private Wealth team. You will engage in all types of private client advisory and implementation work, with a focus on international and cross border tax and estate planning.
The firm is a City-led, international and national law firm with over 130 partners and 830 staff. With offices across the UK, Middle East and Far East, they provide a full-service integrated offering.
Their clients operate in diverse industry sectors such as construction, transport and infrastructure, banking and financial services, distribution and logistics, education and health, hotels and leisure, defence, engineering and surveying, charities, retail and energy and natural resources. They also act for many high net worth individuals.
While the work on offer is rewarding and often complex, the qualities the firm look for are simple. The ability to get on with people from all walks of life, for example. To talk and to listen. To develop the sorts of relationships that mean you win the friendship and loyalty of clients and colleagues alike. In short, to connect. These are the characteristics their people all have in common. They are vital, as is the drive and imagination to use your unique talents to the full.
Private Wealth has always been an integral part of the firm and forms part of a wider Tax and Private Wealth practice. The team includes 6 partners based across their UK and international offices.
The group advises a wide range of individuals and families, family offices, wealthy families and private wealth advisors on matters involving tax, wealth planning, structuring and philanthropy as well as the more traditional areas of private wealth.
The purpose of this role is to work directly with their Private Wealth Partners to provide a first class service to clients and assist in the future development of the group.
They are looking for a lawyer to join their London team who act for HNWIs, family offices, trustees and organisations servicing the private wealth sector both in the UK and internationally. The team acts for clients with widespread multi-jurisdictional elements to their business and personal affairs.
The role will involve all types of private client advisory and implementation work, with a focus on international and cross border tax and estate planning.
You must be a qualified solicitor with a minimum of 4 years PQE across a whole range of international private client and tax matters.
The successful candidate will be expected to advise clients, with support where needed, in the following areas:
- Advising on international personal and trust tax issues for high net worth individuals, families, and trustees.
- Domicile and residence assessments and planning.
- Remittance basis, pre arrival and exit to/from the UK planning.
- Offshore trust planning.
- Income tax, capital gains tax and inheritance tax assessments and planning.
- Tax and regulatory compliance for individuals and trusts.
- Estate and asset protection planning to include Wills, trusts, powers of attorney, probate planning and court of protection.
- Family Governance.
- Building and maintaining effective client relationships.
- Pro-active participation in marketing initiatives.
- Efficient file management skills and ensuring files are managed in compliance with Lexcel procedures.
- Participating in firm-wide and departmental training sessions.
- Training and development of junior legal staff and PA (where appropriate).
Please don't hesitate to contact Paul Burgin on 0203 355 2262 or Paul@hunterslegal.com.