An internationally recognised law firm based in central London requires a Real Estate Solicitor to join the department and gain exposure to a full range of work.
Our client has a long history of acting for prominent, high net worth individuals, and for entrepreneurs. The firm now has 11 practice areas, and acts for many corporates and large institutions. They have been named in the Sunday Times 100 “Best Companies to Work For” since 2014 to date
Real Estate has been at the core of the business for over 75 years. The team consists of 4 partners, 2 Legal Counsel, 2 senior associates, 8 associates, 2 paralegals, 2 PAs and shared use of 2 admin assistants with a turnover of £3.3m in 2020 and is recognised in both Chambers and Partners and Legal 500.
Their clients include entrepreneurs, developers, private family offices and high net worth individuals. They deal with a broad range of property and construction work but in particular: development, commercial acquisitions and disposals, landlord and tenant, residential, real estate finance, and construction.
They are looking to recruit a Real Estate Solicitor with a commercial outlook who is able to create relationships with the department’s largely entrepreneurial and demanding client base. As they have a close knit team, it is important that the successful candidate is a team player who can work well with all members of the department. The Partners and senior members of the team are very experienced and seek to train the juniors to become excellent all round real estate solicitors.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Partners and other fee earners in the Team and gain exposure to a full range of work, including commercial property work and residential development work.
Responsibilities will include:
- Handling the sale and purchase and financing of commercial property
- Acting for Landlords and Tenants in the grant and taking of commercial leases
- Handling residential, commercial, and mixed use development work including the acquisition of sites, financing, site set up and disposal of units.
- Acting for both lenders and borrowers on financing, refinancing and bridge lending.
- Building and maintaining client relationships.
- Taking an active role in departmental meetings including knowhow meetings.
- To participate in the marketing and business development of the firm’s practice, and in particular the real estate team, by writing articles and blogs and dealing with internet enquiries.
- Such other duties which may be given from time to time.
Please do not hesitate to contact Paul Burgin on 0203 355 2262 or Paul@hunterslegal.com.