Construction Solicitor NQ - 2 yrs PQE - West London
Our client is a full-service law firm, working for clients over the South East of England. The firm is based in West London and is a heavyweight for corporate, charity, employment, IT/IP, real estate, private client and community legal service.
The firm boasts one of the region’s largest real estate teams in the West of London and a corporate team working with UK headquarters of multinationals and large SMEs based in the South East. They handle complex work with great attention to detail and high-quality client service.
They currently have a vacancy for a jnr mixed contentious and non-contentious construction and engineering solicitor with a particular emphasis on contentious construction work.
The role includes:
- Assisting with the resolution of construction-related disputes including assisting with the conduct of adjudications, mediations and court-based disputes
- Taking instructions in connection with contentious construction and engineering disputes and providing initial advice
- Assisting during the pre-action protocol process
- Assisting with the conduct of proceedings including the instruction of experts and counsel
- Attendance at mediations, court hearings, arbitration hearing and adjudication hearings
- Negotiating appointments with the professional team and collecting warranties from the contractors, sub-contractors and the professional team
- Assisting the real estate colleagues on the construction aspects of development transactions including development obligations, warranties and copyright issues
- Carrying out due diligence audits of construction packages
- Negotiation of development agreements and building contracts (and familiarisation with the commonly used standard forms)
Qualification & Experience
Law degree (or conversion) and LPC.
Successful Admittance to the Roll of Solicitors
This is an ideal opportunity for a newly qualified solicitor with a minimum of 6 months of experience in construction law to make a mark for themselves within a leading firm. The role offers a competitive salary and realistic career progression.
If you would like to discuss further contact Paul Burgin on 0203 355 2262 or email Paul@hunterslegal.com