Corporate Lawyer - 1- 3 years PQE - London
Our client is internationally recognised and based in central London with a long history of acting for prominent, high net worth individuals, and entrepreneurs. Although the firm now has several practice areas and acts for many corporates and large institutions, there is still a strong focus on acting for individuals, with their personal and business interests.
This firm is looking for a creative, interesting and dynamic candidate with 1 - 3 years PQE with some investment work/ M&A experience.
The team has particular expertise in investment work for early-stage companies, particularly in the technology sector, but also advises on M&A and capital markets transactions, real estate finance and banking, commercial contracts and on all other aspects of running a business.
They have also recently hired several additional partners and an additional associate in the last 12 months. Their focus is for the Corporate team to advise entrepreneurs (in particular founders of SMEs and investors), start-ups, owner-managed and family businesses, private family offices and smaller quoted companies.
The firm is also heavily involved in most of the firm’s internal business development groups (including the Business Services Group and the Private Wealth Group), and members of the team play a key role in other initiatives across the firm, including charities, diversity & inclusion and pro bono work.
- Assisting with large-scale corporate transactions, and running own smaller-scale transactions, with a particular focus on:
- Investment work (acting for angel investors, founders/companies, and VCs) and generally working with entrepreneurs and early-stage ventures;
- M&A transactions; and
- Capital markets work;
- Negotiating all or discrete aspects of corporate transactions and drafting the relevant documentation;
- Advising on other areas of corporate law, including concerning re-organisations, capital reductions, share buybacks, shareholder agreements, JV agreements, share option schemes, directors’ duties and governance issues;
- Drafting a variety of commercial agreements;
- Taking ownership of, and working through large technical documents;
- Taking the lead on verification, due diligence work and other legal processes including:
- Reviewing and processing due diligence materials;
- Managing access to a transactional data-room and managing the flow of information; and
- Managing other fee earners and support staff with the same;
- Providing administrative support to the team on transactions but also providing active back up on transactions, e.g. checking and chasing information;
- Liaising with other lawyers and legal representatives;
- Company secretarial work where required and some drafting such as minutes of meetings, share transfers and resolutions;
- Attending meetings, running discrete aspects of meetings, taking notes and following up on issues;
- Managing other fee earners and support staff with documentation bibles, document lists etc;
- Researching points of law and other factual issues, through the use of legal databases, textbooks and other appropriate sources; and
- Assisting with ad hoc administrative and legal tasks under instruction.
If you are open to discussing further please don't hesitate to contact Paul Burgin on Paul@hunterslegal.com or call 0203 355 2262