Employment Solicitor 2-6 years PQE
Our client is a leading city-based practice with a large Employment and Pensions team that acts for or over 200 clients with an increasing number of corporate clients across England and Wales, providing
pragmatic commercial advice and guidance on all aspects of Employment & Pensions law.
The firm is looking to recruit a solicitor with 2-6 years PQE to join the team. Successful candidates will be able to manage their own caseload, comprising a mixture of contentious and non-contentious matters.
The right candidate will display strong technical ability, commercial awareness, ability to organise and prioritise their workload effectively, excellent communications skills, and a flair for nurturing client relationships.
The opportunity will be available to develop a specialism within the field to sit alongside their general practice.
Main Duties and Responsibilities of the Role:
This is not an exhaustive list and from time to time it may be necessary to vary these to meet the department and business needs:
• Responsible for the day to day running of a caseload;
• Advising on routine matters such as misconduct, sickness absence, grievances etc;
• TUPE advice and drafting;
• Conduct of Employment Tribunal litigation up to the hearing stage, with some telephone advocacy, if
• Preparation, negotiation and advising on Settlement Agreements (for employers and employees);
• Advising on industrial relations and strike action;
• Advising on restructures;
• Undertaking due diligence and supporting other departments on projects with a people aspect;
• Preparation and presentation of training to clients on Employment related topics;
• Supporting the Partners on large and more complex matters if required;
• Direct interaction with clients, managing their expectations and meeting their deadlines;
• Achieving time recording and billing targets
• Efficiently managing deadlines relating to a variety of cases at any one time;
• Full involvement in marketing and business development in a client-focused manner.
If you are open to discussing this opportunity in further detail please do not hesitate to contact Paul Burgin on Paul@hunterslegal.com Or call Paul on 0203 355 2262.