Construction Solicitor London 2 – 4 years PQE
Our client is a leading firm based in the city of London for more than 150 years.
They are recognised by Legal 500 and Chambers UK as a medium-sized niche firm specialising in construction, litigation & dispute resolution, corporate, banking, employment, projects and property legal services to clients based throughout the United Kingdom. Their main client are Registered Providers and the firm is ranked Tier 1 for its work in social housing.
Over the past few years, they have grown significantly and now have approximately 230 staff and a growing international reach.
The Construction team is comprised of 20 (five partners, eleven solicitors, two paralegals and two trainee solicitors) and is divided into two sub-teams (contentious and non-contentious). About three-quarters of our work is contentious. Their clients include developers, major corporations, funders, contractors, sub-contractors, construction consultants, local authorities, registered providers of social housing and PFI consortia.
They work for Registered Providers that involve them in some of the largest construction disputes in the social housing sector which are often in the spotlight of the national media.
This is an opportunity for an individual with a passion for construction law to join our busy construction department. They are looking for an ambitious construction solicitor, who is prepared to work hard and go the extra mile, to hit the ground running and make their mark within a thriving construction department.
The successful candidate will be 2 – 4 years PQE with the majority of experience gained in construction but with some non-contentious experience. In addition, they will be self-motivated and have enthusiasm for business development and building
Main Duties and Responsibilities of the Role:
• Responsible for the day to day running of files;
• Capable of drafting straight-talking advice;
• Advising on every aspect of construction contracts (e.g. payments, extensions of time, loss and expense, defects, procurement and insurance issues);
• Drafting submissions for adjudication and arbitration proceedings;
• Managing proceedings in the Technology & Construction Court;\
• Amending and advising on contracts (e.g. building contracts, development agreements and agreements for lease, consultant’s appointments, plus all supplementary documentation such as security documents, warranties, novation’s and assignments);
• Interact directly with clients, manage their expectations, always meet deadlines and deliver on every promise;
• Organise and maintain tidy and accurate files both in hard copy and electronically;
• Prepare and deliver seminars and contribute to the department’s publications;
• Follow department procedures, the Solicitors’ accounts rules and the Firm’s policies and procedures as detailed in the Staff Manual, including LEXCEL;
• Undertake such duties and tasks that are appropriate for the role of Solicitor such as changes in information systems and new technology as may reasonably be required;
If you are open to discussing the following opportunity in further detail please call Paul Burgin on 0203 355 2262 or Email Paul@hunterslegal.com