This is a unique opportunity for an experienced commercial solicitor looking to join a leading regional Legal 500 firm to build and ultimately lead the commercial team.
Our client is a progressive law firm with a long history and a reputation built on providing outstanding service and legal advice. Based in Hertfordshire, they help businesses, individuals, and families in Hertfordshire, London, and across the UK.
The team works with some impressive companies who instruct them on a wide range of high-quality work. Their lawyers mainly help medium-sized owner-managed businesses but also work with some large organisations including a national pharmaceutical company, a subsidiary of an international eyewear company, and well-known banks.
Clients come from a mix of industries but over the years we have developed a sector focus in healthcare, charities, and private wealth (entrepreneurs and family businesses).
Sitting within their successful ambitious corporate and commercial team, this stand-alone commercial role is supported by the wider commercial practice that includes employment, property, and litigation. With partner-led teams in each of the commercial areas, there is plenty of scope for working with lawyers of all levels. There is also a dedicated trainee solicitor in the corporate and commercial team to whom you will have the opportunity to train and delegate.
This is a dedicated commercial role (no corporate work other than corporate support on deals) so you will be involved in all aspects of commercial work across multiple sectors such as drafting, advising on, and reviewing commercial contracts, including franchise agreements, supply terms, distribution, agency, e-commerce, and software as a service agreement.
This role is vital to their ability to offer new and existing business clients a complete service and deliver our growth plans. With full autonomy and support to grow the practice, access to an extensive client base and day to day collaboration with the commercial teams, you will have the opportunity to progress to partnership by building a dedicated commercial practice and team.
- A minimum of 6 years PQE with a high level of commercial technical knowledge across different sectors.
- The ability to work with minimal supervision and a genuine enthusiasm to focus on commercial contracts work.
- Creative problem-solving ability, and commercial insight working as an extension of the client’s business to provide commercial, practical advice with their business needs and objectives in mind.
- A client-centered focus, taking responsibility for service levels and proactively maximising and improving client relationships.
- A can-do, motivated and positive attitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Please do not hesitate to contact Paul Burgin on 0203 355 2262 or Paul@hunterslegal.com