A fantastic opportunity for a Real Estate Paralegal to join a highly regarded law firm based in Central London.
Our client is recognised by Legal 500 and Chambers UK as a medium-sized niche firm specialising in construction, commercial litigation, corporate, employment, projects, and property legal services to clients based throughout the United Kingdom.
They are seeking to recruit a Paralegal to assist their Real Estate and Projects Department. A core area of the team is development work for Housing Associations and private developers including acquisition, development, and sale of completed schemes.
The focus of this position is to support their active team in delivering a high level of service to our clients.
They are looking for someone with strong analytical skills, excellent attention to detail, and who is able to manage their own caseload with accuracy and a highly efficient level of time management.
The successful candidate will gain excellent exposure to a broad range of property work in a busy and friendly team. They believe strongly in investing and training their staff and the successful candidate can expect the opportunity to expand on and further develop their existing knowledge.
Essential skills and requirements
- You will have an appropriate degree in Law or equivalent (or appropriate conversion) or an appropriate subject.
- You will have successfully completed or be in the course of undertaking the LPC or be studying CILEX.
- Any experience of dealing with developers and/or housing associations (both traditional RPs or ‘for profit’ providers) would be an advantage.
Desirable skills / future requirements of the role
- Dealing with acquisitions and disposal of residential properties
- Completing SDLT (Stamp Duty Land Tax) returns
- Drafting and reporting on statutory agreements
- Assignments, staircasing, right to buy / right to acquire, lease extensions, and any other related legal property work.
Please do not hesitate to contact Paul Burgin on 0203 355 2262 or Paul@hunterslegal.com